A hobbit-hole in my backyard? It may sound crazy, but I can tell you that my kids love it. It is the coolest playhouse ever. Plus, they can enjoy the grassy hill for sledding in winter and water sliding in summer. This was all my wife's idea. She dreamt it, and I got to be the one to bring it to reality. I'm not a construction expert; this was a total do-it-yourself job by a complete amateur. It has turned out rather nicely, I think. Here is the story of how it came to be.

Since this is in blog format, the posts are in order from newest to oldest. To read this in chronological order, start with How it all Began and use the "Newer Post" links. Or click on the links under Blog Archive, in order.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Stucco on the Front Wall

Now that the back wall is done, I am returning to the front. I finally have weatherproofed the facade, by stuccoing over the front wall. Now I am debating whether to stain it (and the back wall) a more terra-cotta color, or just leave the grey, which looks rather nice as it is. I also finished under the eaves, and installed air vents.


3 comments:

Samwise Gamgee said...

You should add another passage to the side! Oh and check out my blog, I've been following yoor blog for some time now and have been waiting for updates. I hope to hear more from you soon.

Hobbit freak

Ps. Here is a link to my blog.
worksofjrrtolkien.blogspot.com

Belegurth said...

Amazing man, I was written about your blog. ^^ good work.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading this blog for a while-I've been waiting for more awesome work!! I looove what you are doing-it is amazing! Makes me want to build a hobbit hole;hard as it may be! Keep up the great work! Can't wait to hear more!
-T

Custom Search